Rally in the Alley was created in 2012 to encourage Winchester residents and visitors to use the back doors of businesses on the alley during the winter construction work. The event was very successful and it has now become an annual event. This FREE block party is a great place to meet your neighbors, make new friends, listen to music, try out local restaurants and have a rockin’ good time!
Rally in the Alley benefits the Winchester Main Street Foundation.
Winchester Main Street Foundation (WMSF) is a nonprofit organization focusing on bringing quality events, beautification projects, and youth education programs to build Winchester’s unique brand, improve the quality of life in Winchester, support and work with other nonprofit organizations, and build our Main Street Community. As the lynchpin for the many groups working to revitalize Winchester, WMSF believes that working collaboratively to build and promote Winchester will ensure that we:
- Attract more visitors to our historic city
- Bring in jobs and innovative people and companies
- Re-energize our retail base
- Encourage our young graduates and professionals to stay in Winchester
- Increase our real estate values and fill commercial lease space
- Recruit an increasingly diverse, well-educated workforce, and ultimately
- Maintain our economic viability as we move proactively into the future.